& this is just a blog

Tuesday 8 August 2017

HOTEL DU VIN NEWCASTLE

The other half and I had a few weeks off work together recently and we basically made it our duty to to do as much as possible together. We value our alone time as it's not often something we get. This time off included, a weekend in Rome, cinema dates, netflix binge's, meals out together and a romantic mid week stay in the toon. I was so impressed with the hotel in Newcastle that we stayed in, I wanted to share it with you guys. If you are looking for a lovers getaway in a swanky hotel then look no further than Hotel Du Vin. 



We booked a superior double room, this came with a Queen sized bed, chaise lounge, rain fall shower and free standing bath. If a chaise lounge and a free standing bath IN your bedroom doesn't have sex appeal I don't know what does.  I kid you not I felt like we were in an apartment not a hotel room. I've stayed in some swanky hotels and honestly most rooms you can barely swing a cat in. I hate that phrase but it gets the point across. I could swing a giraffe around in this room. Scouts honour. Not only that but the room was so tastefully decorated, the bare brick walls are so up my street that I seriously want them as a design feature in my own home. The colour scheme is so sophisticated, it almost seems to have a mood of its own. 


But lets talk about my favourite part; The bath. I confess that this was the lure to this hotel, I always judge a hotel on the quality of it's bathroom and it's toiletries. ps the toiletries were divine, sorry for stealing them. I love a good bath, I love a freestanding bath more. This is honestly such a romantic touch, a glass of champers and a soak together in here wouldn't go a miss. As you can tell I brought a little something from lush with me to make it all bubbly. It would be an unjust to this bath not to prepare it to it's full potential. So I spent a portion of the night soaking it up and pampering myself before a night on the tiles with my other half. The only disappointing part of this room was the lack of facility to do my makeup. There was one long mirror but no lighting around it, and I had to get ready in the bathroom which isn't great when its very humid in there. Just food for thought. However I was impressed that there was aircon, very few british hotels have it and it was a welcomed extra. 



The hotel itself is also very beautifully decorated, with lovely touches like log burners and outside the smoking area has a hut named the cigar shack. It also had an onsite restaurant that I hear is highly rated and not too badly priced, although we did not eat in, the dining area looked beautiful and elegant. I also passed a couple having afternoon tea and it contained candy floss... This place just has the perfect mixture of sophistication, good taste and quirkiness. Each member of staff we encountered were wonderful from the gentleman who checked us in who was pleasant and funny, to the bar man who kept us chatting till late into the evening. I can not sing this places praises enough, we will be returning hopefully for bank holiday weekend and I urge you to check it out too.  If your interested heres the link to there site, there are other locations although I highly recommend Newcastle! https://www.hotelduvin.com

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig