& this is just a blog

Tuesday 15 August 2017

STAYIN' DOWN SOUTH

I don't often do day to day posts on my blog purely because I don't often do anything note worthy. But I'm staying with family in the south which isn't something that is a regular occurrence, so I thought why not blog about it.  This trip has already taught me that I should not be allowed to book train tickets... I'm travelling with my grandad and although he lives in Durham and we are travelling south, I booked the tickets from Newcastle... So we essentially travelled north to go south. When we got to Newcastle on Sunday and picked up our tickets we realised that we did not have any seats booked, which meant that my 83 year old grandad and I had to fight our way to the front of the queue and scour cabins for spare seats. We finally found some free seats together; but I'm not gonna lie it was like a military operation securing those seats, I felt a little bit flustered. The rest of the journey went without a hitch and we arrived in Cheltenham and were greeted by my auntie and cousin. We had a quiet night on Sunday, drank some vino and reminisced.


Today we went to the Outlet village in Swindon, mainly because I wanted to go to the Cosmetic Company and stock up on some makeup. Keep an eye out for a blog post on my purchases. We did some light shopping and had a bite to eat at Giraffe. I really enjoyed my Katsu Noodles and I have a soft spot for any drink served in a mason jar, they will forever be cute. My grandad however was not so fussed with his steak and chips. In his opinion proper chips are not thin and they should have spent less time on the fancy menu and more time making the food taste better. The verdict on the food created a small momentary divide in the family, but then as you do became the running joke of the day. Differing palettes aside we had a pleasant day of chit chat and I picked up some real bargains.


Plans for tomorrow I think are the beach so hopefully the weather is good and I'll document the entire thing. I'm just going to leave you with a photo of my family, because I'm running out of things to say and I need sleep. < Mainly because a house alarm went off from 6am - 12am  yesterday and disturbed my slumber. Stay tuned for more information on the comedy of errors that is my life!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig