& this is just a blog

Wednesday 8 November 2017

HUDA BEAUTY OBSESSIONS



Huda beauty eyeshadows have always intrigued me, I desperately wanted to get my hands on the rose gold palette when it first came out. Unfortunately at the time it sold out and after watching mixed reviews on YT I decided not to buy it. However there's always been this curiosity; but being a little bit skint I didn't want to throw nearly 60 smackers away on something that could be disappointing. When the obsessions palette came out last week, I finally threw caution to the wind and decided to try her shadows. The idea was that it was only £25 and I could live with that money loss... That was until I seen the shades and ended up spending £50 on two palettes because I couldn't choose. So rationale went out the window and by god I'm glad it did!

I purchased The Smokey and The mauve palette because I thought the two would work nicely together. I have to say that at the moment the smokey palette is my firm favourite. Looking online I expected the Mauve to be more cool toned and well.. mauve. To me it's more pink. Don't get me wrong I like the Mauve palette it's just not quite what I was expecting colour wise. I'm still pretty happy with the colour selection because I truly believe that I don't own anything similar. I have played with the idea of getting the warm brown palette, and I still might. At the moment however I think I'm taking a little break from warm eyeshadows (please don't hold me to that). I probably will cave but that's my current take on the situation. 

What I do know is that after trying these little palettes is that I am more than happy to plunge 60 quid into one of her larger palettes. The quality of these eyeshadows is amazing. I'm truly impressed with how pigmented and buttery these are. Naturally like high pigmented shadows fallout can be an issue, but armed with that knowledge in hand if you use a light hand it shouldn't be a problem. Her metallic shades are some of the most pigmented and smooth shadows I've ever used and very little product goes a long way. Her mattes are a little more dry but they really pack a punch, I am so impressed with the black shade. I find getting a true black eyeshadow a little bit of a chore, so to have a great shadow in such handy travel packaging is an instant win. I think each palette has the perfect components to create a full eye look from, which is always important if you are travelling light. There's not a lot that I don't like about these palettes, which is something I don't say often. My only critique is that I would love the shadows to have names... But that's just a saddo thing a blogger would pick up on. 



For £25 a palette I think you get great value for money. The pan size is actually pretty good, near on full size but in a very compact and travel friendly packaging. I love that it also has a decent sized mirror and I can say a good quality mirror at that. I can recommend this to anyone who is struggling to buy an avid beauty enthusiast something for Christmas. It's such good quality and not too expensive making it a perfect gift... or self gift, I won't tell if you won't! I've included some swatches below, I apologise about the lighting for the mauve palette it got a little gloomy outside but I assure you the metallic's are just as strong in that as they are in the smokey palette.




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig