& this is just a blog

Wednesday 21 February 2018

Cooking with Kels: Breakfast Muffins


If your life is anything like mine, mornings are a series of frantic events. At times I'm so unorganised that I often go without breakfast. Or on good days you'll see me running to my car with toast in hand. It is to be said that my personal life can be a a whirl wind of organised chaos. Recently I have been making more of an effort to get my personal life in check; in particular eating healthier and being more organised. I suppose the other morning I killed two birds with one stone (excuse the grim expression).  Breakfast muffins are so quick and easy to make, plus you can make a batch and pop them in the fridge and your good to go for a few days.  Also you can make them super healthy and tasty. If you are interesting in flavour combos and how to make them keep on reading!


So the basic recipe for this is just an egg whisked with cheddar, salt and pepper, then add you extra ingredients. It's basically scrambled eggs or a quiche without the base. You can pretty much add any flavours you want, but I suggest something that packs a punch as it can be pretty bland if you don't add some strong flavours. My favourite combos are Spring onion and Broccoli, Grated Garlic & Mushroom and Chill and Red Pepper. This is honestly a recipe that you can make in a coffee mug, whisk your egg add your ingredients and pour into a muffin tin then bake for 15-20 minuets depending on your oven.  I think there best eaten when warm, so you can eat them straight away or zapp them in the microwave at a later time. The perfect healthy breakfast or on the go snack! Have fun experimenting with flavours, Id love to know if you give these a go.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig